Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Ingrid's Baptism

Tuesday, December 14, 2010
  A few weeks ago we celebrated Ingrid's baptism with our families.  As we started to prepare for the baptism, we pulled out my baptismal gown from the box of my baby clothes.  We had no idea there was a history behind it until my grandma arrived.  When my grandma looked at the dress she said that her mom (my great-grandma) or her grandma (my great-great grandma) made the dress!  We started digging, and found that for sure my mom had worn it and possibly my grandma. 

Myrtle and Cheryl (December 1947)
 

Cheryl and Kristy (June 1979)


Kristy and Ingrid (November 2010)

Of course we incorporated her Scandinavian heritage...


The baptism was at House of Mercy church.

Here Ingrid is with her Godparents (and Godsisters?), Eric and Jessica.  We know they will be great role models for her!

2 comments to Ingrid's Baptism:

Jennifer Horacek said...

I think I must be feeling a little bit emotional today...I opened this up and just began tearing up and crying at seeing these beautiful photos. I am so happy that you have had this special opportunity to use these family treasures, have Grandma there and I know that not a moment passed that you didn't appreciate what a gift your daughter is. I have many friends with babies and children and I never yet experienced the feelings of love that I feel when I look at Ingrid. I have never even held her and I love her like my own boys. What a feeling to have in your heart. I love you so much and I just want you to know how special you are to me.

Kristy said...

Okay, now you are making me cry!!! Xoxo!

Post a Comment