Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

I suppose we can start telling the whole world!

Saturday, November 21, 2009


In case you hadn't figured out the real reason we came home a little early, we are expecting Baby Rolig in May 2010. Here is an ultrasound picture from about 3 weeks ago. The baby is now about the size of an avocado. I kind of freaked out when I read that because I was picturing a Malawian avocado which is about 3 times bigger than the ones we get here. So now I finally have an excuse for having gained weight after living in Africa for two years. Okay, pregnancy and a little bit of American indulgences (Thank you Katie W. for introducing me to the chocolate mint shake from Arby's. I have only had it one time, but I can already tell it is like crack...a little safer though)

We are starting to get geared up for the holidays. Karen and Jay are coming to town for Thanksgiving and we are excited to see them. They are expecting their first baby the end of January. Karen is a bit of an accomplice in this scheme to have cousins the same age. She sent us prenatal vitamins to Malawi! It will be fun to have all of the Rolig cousins together next summer! We are also soooo excited for Christmas. I can't believe we missed it for two years. It was nice to have Jack and Bonnie with us last year, but I think we all agreed that it didn't really feel like Christmas without the winter weather and the rest of our families. Not to mention lefse and krumkake. Bonnie and Katie, I am about to reclaim my equipment!

I have come down with my second cold since being back in America. The first one was an "airplane-cold" and this one is an "elementary-school-little-kid-germ-cold". Having a cold is bad enough, but having one while you are pregnant really kicks you in the rear end. Especially because there are a lot less options for relief. Hopefully I am good to go by Thanksgiving so I can stuff my face!

1 comments to I suppose we can start telling the whole world!:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations and much love to you three!

Nathan, Barbara & Sanne

Post a Comment